Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dopey's Anecdotes:

I was having dinner at Sigree with two of my friends. The top question was: how many would each biriyani or tandoori serve? The best person to ask would be one of the waiters.

Being the host, I took the initiative and called the nearest waiter. Pay attention here - this is how it should not be done. Needless to say, I did it that way.

Me: "Excuse me, I have a few questions that I need to ask you prior to finalizing our order..."
Waiter: "Oh, he'll be the right person to ask."

After the waiter scurried off, we observed two things:
a. The 'he' that the waiter had jerked his head at was actually a rather perplexed-looking infant.
b. The waiter maintained a minimum of ten meters' distance from our table during the remainder of our stay at the restaurant.

Corporate Lesson of the day:
If you have a question, either keep it short or hold it in till the end of the presentation (unless instructed otherwise).

No comments:

Post a Comment